I am humbly proud to say that I have bee tv free for four years now.
It happened around the same time that I was doing my best to distance myself from white four, sugar, processed food, and all other non-integrity nourishment, on all levels and areas. I now call it “The GREAT SPRING CLEANING of 2014 “. That was when I had dubbed myself the Queen of Clean.
The TV had been energetically dirty, contaminated, unclean. Thus, I donated it after purifying it with sage, incense and Holy Water.
Now, this space and my home represent peace, silence, perspective, tranquility, and time to really reflect, heal, process, and move forward. Most importantly however, this is a space and place where I am able to better hear the gentle whisperings of the Divine World. My home is my sanctuary and my sacred space for wholeness and holiness.
Initially however I did not feel that way. Initially,
- I was in shock as I went into noise pollution withdrawal.
- I was uncomfortable and uneasy as my mind numbing agent and Spirit Suppressing noise box was gone.
- I didn’t know what to do with myself when I wanted to decompress, tune out, or have my mind go into a vegetative state.
- I felt awkward and weird and out of sorts with the rest of society.
- When I woke late at night I was forced to face/hear why I was awoken by the Divine Realm and what they were trying to tell me. Whereas in the past, I would tune them out, and drown them out by tuning into the tv hole.
- I fidgeted, felt deprived, and almost had the shakes.
I had no where to run and hide from me and the emotions and issues that were welling up from the inside of me. But then I stuck with it, I persevered and I did not allow those discomfort feelings to sway me, control me, have power over me nor change my course.
I also noticed something very interesting over the course of the next year. I observed myself in situations when I was in the presence of a tv and pleasing shifts happened.
- While traveling and in a hotel room, I did not feel the need to turn on the tv, nor did I tv binge. Instead, I took the time to FEEL the energy of the trip and all the sights, sounds, conversations, experiences, messages and lessons. I soaked it all up – every drop of life into my bones. I had the time and space to process life, and rest too.
- While staying in someone’s home, again, I did not feel the need to watch tv. I do remember TRYING to watch tv, but it felt like a chore and a waste of time. If my hosts were watching tv, I could only tolerate it for so long (15 to 30 minutes) before I had to leave the room. There was so much noise and created drama that I went into sensory overload.
- My Greek Orthodox neighbors were going to Holy Friday Services and asked me if I would sit with their canine companion whom I will call Ms. Tabitha. I did. My mind was not in a place where I could read and focus, thus, I turned on the tv to one of my favorite channels in my life before tv: HGTV. I used to get a kick out of watching couple dynamics while choosing a home OR watching the wonderful renovation transformations. Hmmmm… maybe because at that time my life was also undergoing major renovations/transformations; thus these shows appealed to me. Then something interesting happened. After about 35/40 minutes, I felt “blah”. I felt brain fog. I felt mesmerized, entranced and hypnotized. Thus, instead I looked at Ms. Tabitha and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. Does one need to ask a dog twice if they want to go for a walk? On the walk, we met up with another neighbor walking their dog and we had a really good conversation: two people connected and so did the two dogs. Upon our return, I returned again to HGTV: round two.This time the above symptoms got worse and the shows really did not hold my interest. I guess I am cured of HGTV! When I got home, I felt so good being in my tranquil quiet space, my peaceful home sanctuary. Thank You my good neighbors and Ms.Tabitha for this invaluable experience. I now have tv closure as there were still small wonderings of whether I “should” have a tv. After all, doesn’t everyone. Now I am grateful that I am not “normal” when it comes to tv ownership. Hmmm…. perhaps this was one of His Gifts on Orthodox Holy Friday. Through the Holy Spirit, They let me know and confirmed Their view/will of Their best version of my life.
And one more tv story: While at a friends home and because of college associations they really wanted to watch the basketball finals. The tv was on for only about an hour. But afterwards I felt over-stimulated, over-exposed exposed, over sensitized and somewhat drained. So so so so much information is crammed into such a little fraction of time.
During the one hour tv experience I also felt energetically “violated” by all the negative commercials, especially the pharmaceutical ones. I feel that the pharmaceutical commercials/messages plant self-fulfilling prophecies or “symptom seeds” in the psyches of people to have the “experience” for which they happen to have the “cure”.
I do my best to expose my self to only clean clean clean thoughts, conversations, images, books, websites, articles and advertising. But while watching tv I had been “force fed” info, images, thoughts, and messages. Truthfully, I allowed it because I could have very easily left the room. I was not a victim. I was an active participant in my demise. In writing this, I am also now realizing how I had compromised my values in “sitting there” and not removing myself from an unhealthy situation.
“But, where sin (missing the mark/target) abounded, grace did much more abound” Romans 5:20
“And, we know that all things work together for good to them that love God” Romans 8:28
When I am at peace and well, I radiate wellness to all and in the space that I occupy on this Planet Earth. It is my way of contributing to Peace. Now, peace and silence reign. I do from time to time get DVDs from the library. But even that is rare.
- 1/3 Holy Spirit Promptings/Nudges
- 1/3 GRACE
- 1/3 Personal Will, Wise Choices and commitment.
I pray that whatever changes you are contemplating – being nudged toward – that Grace strengthens you and that you commit to a life of greater well being, peace, integrity, love and joy. So heal and help you God.
Abundant Grace to All, Irena As I Am 05/14/2018